If you use Google Play services, chances are that you have active subscriptions, make in-app purchases and more. To facilitate these transactions on the fly, Google stores card information on its database servers. So, if you want to add or remove a payment card, credit or debit, etc., you have to follow a process. It is a simple way to keep all your payment information safe complying with the data privacy laws of the region.
What Are the Various Payment Methods on Google Play?
Google Play offers a range of payment methods, including credit and debit cards, PayPal, carrier billing, Google Play gift cards, and more. Users can choose the option that best suits their preferences and region. Google Play allows users to edit or remove payment methods, providing flexibility for managing their payment preferences.
To add a payment card (debit or credit) to your Google Play account, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Tap the three horizontal lines to open the menu.
- Select “Payment methods“.
- Tap “Add payment method“.
- Enter the card details, including card number, expiration date, and security code.
- Tap “Save” to add the card to your account.
In many regions of the world, having a debit card facility is a big deal, so Google Play allows users to pay using their debit card and debit card PIN, which is a one-time password for online transactions. Thus, adding a removing cards should be a hassle-free process if you want to make money through app subscriptions and purchases.
Other articles that you may find interesting:
- How to Fix error in Play Store (solved)
- How to Uninstall Play Store (delete google play)
- How to Become a Developer in Play Store
How to Remove a Payment Card from Google Play?
All you need is to select the card/payment gateway you wish to remove from your account. The selected payment card will be removed from your Google Play account. Please note that you should ensure you have an alternative payment method if needed for future purchases or subscriptions. To delete a payment card on Google Play, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner to open the menu.
- Select “Payment methods” from the menu.
- You’ll see your payment options listed. Tap on the card you want to remove.
- Tap “Remove” or “Delete“.
- Confirm the deletion when prompted.
To add your card back, you have to follow the same steps listed above. There is no limit on how many times you can add or remove a payment card from your account. However, it is a good practice to think beforehand as the process is not instantaneous always. And, in some cases may take more than just a few minutes due to issues like bank server downtime or other third-party errors.