You may want to change your country if you move to a new one. Some apps on the Play Store have a country restriction, meaning you may be unable to access and download them until you adjust that setting. Your country setting determines the content you see on the apps. To change your country:
- You can only do it 12 months after setting up a payment profile on your account.
- You can only make the changes once a year, meaning you cannot change it back until 12 months elapse.
- You will be unable to access your Google Play balance from the old country into the new one.
- You can lose some movies. TV shows, games, books, and apps you have in your account when you change the country.
- You also need to set up Google Play in that new account and set up an active payment method for that location.
Procedure to change the region or city in the app
Follow the steps below to change your Google Play Country.
- From your device, open the Google Play Store app.
- Click on the Profile icon at the top right corner.
- Click on Settings.
- Open General
- Go to Account and Device Preferences.
- Click on Country and Profiles.
- Select the country you wish to change to.
- Follow the on-screen instructions that will appear to add a payment method. It can take up to about 48 hours to update.
What if you cannot see the option to change the country? This may be because:
- You changed your country within the last 12 months.
- Your country location has not changed.
- You are using a Google Play Family Library.
Other releated articles:
- How to Delete Search History (on Play Store)
- How to find Alternatives to Google Play Store
- How to Contact Customer Service On The Play Store
How to Change Country on Desktop Devices
Follow the steps below to change Google Play Store country on a desktop.